Saturday, February 2, 2008

Honesty

I think honesty is important.

So, I'm at a show last night. The band is some of my friends playing their first show, so despite wishing I was at any of 3 different awesome shows going on, I was there for support. I meet a seemingly sweet girl named Elice, and we start talking about music. This is where things go wrong.

Me: "So what kind of music are you into?"

Elice frowns

Me: "I guess... what's really doing it for you lately? What did you listen to on the way here?"

Elice: "The Be Good Tanyas"

Me: "Oh yeah. They've got that song about birds."

Elice: "Right. 'The Littlest Birds Sing The Prettiest Songs'."

Me: "Yeah, that's it. I really hate that song, and I guess I sort of hate them because of that song. No offense or anything. So, what else are you into?"

Elice: "Feist."

Me: "Hmm. I've actually seen Feist twice, and I left before the end of both shows. She's just really boring, I think."

Elice: "Oh, weird. Um, I like to play Jewel songs on guitar."

Okay, you get the point.

I bought another round of drinks.

I kissed her twice, totaling maybe 12 seconds. She left early, and I took the night bus home alone.

She plays Jewel songs on guitar.

No comments: