Sunday, February 17, 2008

Seattle

Went to Seattle to see Neurosis and Converge last night. Really don't care for either of the bands, but I'm always up for a road trip.

I went with Paul, which was awesome. I got to pick his brain about Winning, and further express my love of the new album.

I've also been reading The Game by Neil Strauss. It's a book about the world's greatest pickup artists, and I've been loving it. I don't think I'd ever use any of the moves they use, for the most part, but the psychology behind it gave me a newfound confidence. However, I struck out in spectacular fashion with any women of note. I'm not really a player anyway.

On a sidenote, some of the "negs" they use in The Game (kind of like backhanded compliments, showing interest in a girl, but insulting her at the same time) are amazing. My favourite neg is definitely "Oh, you've got eye crusties. No, don't rub them. I like eye crusties!"

Not much of note happened on the trip. Taco Bell had less obese people than normal, which was interesting. We wandered through the gay neighbourhood for quite a while, passing bars with amazing names like "The Honey Hole," then made up a bunch of hilarious should-be gay bar names. I can't remember any of them, but I just thought of "Cock-a-Diddle-Doo" off the top of my head. It's really not a difficult game.

Lastly, I thought of a rhyme while I was standing around in an arcade.

"When I go out to the clubs,
I feel like a drug.
All the ladies wanna be on me."

It's sort of quoting Anchorman, which is completely passe these days. But I thought it was aight.

No comments: