Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another girl, another blog post

I know I probably seem like a womanizer at this point, but I swear I'm too incompetent to manage such a lifestyle.

Anyway, here's a story from a couple of weeks ago.

I went to a house party in which my attention was divided between 3 things:

1) Drinking

2) Playing Rock Band

3) Hitting on a cute girl

I down my 6 pack fast, and take care of the first point. I sing my ass off all night, again, succeeding in the second point. Then in the middle of playing a song, the cute girl starts making out with me. Awesome.

So, the next part involves stumbling around on the street, making out with cute girl, and eventually getting her home. I tiptoe to her room with her, and within 10 seconds, the guy who had been sleeping on the couch, and I had assumed to be her brother, comes into the room and pummels my face. It turns out that the guy on the couch was actually her boyfriend.

I covered up my face as best as I could, and got out of there, bloodied and confused.

Here's the crazy part. She wakes up the next day, and she's beaten up too.

(I'd like to point out that if I were in the situation where my girlfriend comes home with a guy and walks right past me to the bedroom with him, I'm not beating anybody up, I'm packing my shit and leaving. But maybe that's just me.)

Anyway, I finally got to talk to her about it all a few days ago, and she says that she woke up with blood all over her face, and she wondered where she fell. Unbelievably, she would prefer to imagine that while she was walking home, she smashed her face on something, then went home and fell asleep.

The entire situation is crazy to me. I accept every aspect of it, and given the circumstances, I'm lucky that I only got a little bit beaten up. That's all fine. What I'm not cool with is that nothing of consequence came from it.

It's almost as if this story exists simply as a story. There aren't any moral consequences, and that's somehow really fucking sad. I'm just another guilty party in a story of drunken debauchery and idiocy.

I guess it makes for a decent story though.

No comments: