Thursday, March 13, 2008

I wanna go corporate

I'm in the doghouse at work. Basically, I drank too much last night, showed up an hour late this morning, and left 2 hours early feeling sick. Not something to win over your employers when you've been with a company less than 3 weeks.

Really though, I hate the fact that I can't just call in. I want to be part of a massive corporation, where you aren't watched all the time, and where you CAN drink too much on a weeknight, and call in sick the next day.

I want to be nameless and faceless.

I mean, I don't really want any of these things. But that dream job idea really isn't working, so... bring on the corporate desk job. I'm sure I'd find all new and exciting things to hate.

2 comments:

0g said...

The difference between a desk job and a labour job is that at the end of a hard day's work, your brain is tired instead of your body. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.

Jess said...

Yeah, not sure if I could handle a desk job too well, unless it was dealing with something I loved. I'll probably try the paper-pushing thing at some point though.