Sunday, October 19, 2008

work and media

Briefly, my friend Cory Ray wrote a blog post, and I had promised I'd start mine back up if he started his again, so...

Lots has happened in 4 1/2 months.

I started a record label with my friend Kris called Twee Death. www.tweedeath.com

3 vinyl releases planned for this winter, and a few other small projects. We also do show promotion, bringing up bands from the states that would never come here otherwise. That's been awesome, dealing with the strange and amazing people we have. Some highlights include the Barn Owl guys ("totally, dude. Totally totally."), the ladies of Mamiffer and Tiny Vipers chasing cats, doing yoga, and talking trash in Kris' east van backyard, and listening to the crazy-good sets that we're recording. Gooooood times.

This is going to be laid out a bit like a resume. But how can you avoid that when you're recapping 4 months?

What have I done for 4 months?

I've gone to about 20 shows of GR8-2000, 10 shows of Boogie Monster, and a good 50 others that don't involve either of those.

I quit my job that I probably wrote such good things about, because it turns out they weren't so great after all. I got a new job that seemed really good, but is now a bit up in the air.

I've gone almost a year without dating, but I'm seeing some girls again. That's always fun.

I started weight training to bulk up for my job, and did that for about 3 months until a 1 month break right now. But maybe writing it on the internet will force me back into doing it again.

Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet. Writing on the internet..............

I'm happy these days, but I fear the SAD of fall coming on. Maybe I should do some tanning to keep up those nice UV vibes.

I'll try and do this again sometime real soon. Since Cory has this on his RSS feeds... shoutout to my moving-away bro, HardCory.

No comments: